ACU-WELLNESS: AURICULAR (EAR) ACUPUNCTURE
Discover Auricular (ear) Acupuncture for relaxation, stress management, suppression of withdrawal symptoms, and reduction of cravings. This treatment follows the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association‘s (NADA) 5-Point AcuDetox Protocol.
The NADA 5-Point Protocol:
- Sympathetic: this point relates to the emotional nervous system, relieving stress, digestive system issues, relieving discomfort and supports the respiratory system.
- Shen Men: means “Spirit Gate,” Gate to God or the God within, assists in relieving anxiety, helping to manage nervousness, has an overall calming and grounding effect, assisting in the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
- Kidney: the kidney is involved with purification of our blood, cleansing and filtering. In Chinese medicine it is the root of our “chi” relating to our Life Force and longevity. It also serves to calm fears and remove insecurities and strengthens our nervous system.
- Liver: Is the organ responsible for the free flow of “chi”/energy in the body, This organ also purifies the blood and assists with detoxification. In Chinese medicine it is related to emotional balance. When the liver energy is out of balance people experience symptoms such as angry outbursts, frustration, rage. When the liver is in balance, people feel more relaxed and confident. The liver also dominates the tendons and muscles. Eyes are the external manifestation of the liver. Balancing the liver energy helps to stabilize individuals who are impulsive.
- Lung: this is another important vital organ of purification and is most abused by inhalants i.e. pollution, cigarettes, marijuana etc. In Chinese medicine lungs are felt to hold grief and they are involved with the balance of our life force itself. The lung points are the master of our “Chi.” This point is useful in working with skin problems and healing mucous membranes.
Acu-wellness is not intended to be a stand alone treatment – it is an adjunct therapy and can be combined with Western medical treatments.